Wednesday, June 30, 2010

RNLI- Royal National Lifeboat Institute


This pic of me was taken by me as I am always the one behind the camera and no one takes my photo. I am so happy that we finally have a fan in our hotel room on the last night of 4 when it has been 80 each day and we are onthe 4th floor. ugh!
I found the flier for the lifeboat station and the open hours for visiting and thought this would be right up my alley of maritime tragedy interests. When Erika and I visited I saw that there was a launch at 6:30 at night. You can just make out the ramp on the far side of the station that leads from the covered station into the water. According the the written material, the all volunteer squad can launch within 7 minutes of a call coming into dispatch. I will try to get the video up once I find a library that does not block blogs ( the problem in Tenby).

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting looking building - sort of like a wave. I think I have a commemorative booklet from the Prince's investiture. I'll have to try and find it.
    Hey Judy: Valley Advocate crossword: 62 Down.

    ReplyDelete